6.16.2006

June 16 1976



"He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities, The Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him," Is 53

Today is the anniversary of one of South Africa's darkest events. The Soweto uprising. Black school children protested for having to learn Afrikaans, police opened fire. 178 died. They were only children. It is one of those things that leave you speechless at humanity's capacity for evil. It is scary to think that I am human and have that same capacity.
Or to want to reach out as a missionary to these children who are now grown up. No one will ever know how deep the scars run that were left by the apartheid regime. In Christ alone will we be able to reach out, and make a difference. I guess I'm just babbling, I just know that so many of my fellow country men are dying and going to Hell. When I close my eyes I see their faces in front of me and it makes my stomach hurt.
There is good news, there is salvation. You can be saved from this planet and all the pain that it has brought. Christ is risen, He died for you, that is all that matters. No matter what, Jesus Christ died for you- "But the Lord was pleased to crush Him."

No comments: