1.17.2010

"I am secure in Christ."

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of need.
Therefore, we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains are moved into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter, he utters his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth, he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, He burns the chariots with fire.
Be still and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is out fortress.
Psalm 46

With the turmoil that we see in the world we live in, it is sometime's easy to become overwhelmed. I wanted to write this blog entry today so that I don't ever forget what the preacher said in church this morning, or the feeling or release I felt when he said it. As he preached from this chapter of the Bible he said: "Even if the breath is taken from my body, I am secure in Christ." That is it. That is all that matters in this life. It doesn't really matter what is going on in life, on earth, He is God. Nothing can change that.
When we were in Namibia, in the car accident all those years ago  Nadia read this Psalm, focusing on the first verse. God is an ever present help in time of need.
So remember, "Even if the breath is taken from my body, I am secure in Christ."


No comments: