5.30.2011

A thousand gifts.

It has been a while since I have participated in "a thousand gifts" Monday. Needless to say we have been very busy, but this is not something I like to have to push to the side. At school things are going crazy, the grade 6 and 7 teacher did not get his work permit, there is some kind of fly going around again, and it feel like we are running around with our heads cut off. It could just be me though ;) It could be that after the break it is taking me a few days into getting into the swing of teaching in so many classes again. Last week I mixed up Wednesday and Thursday, AAAAH! Jodie has taken over two of my art classes and that has been an absolute blessing.  I am moving into teaching health in grade 6 and 7 this term, and with Jan leaving I may be picking up more of his classes too.
The weather has turned here, it is officially winter. Last Thursday the high temp was only 32 Fahrenheit, and in Namibia that is very very cold. Kids and staff alike were walking around shivering all day. In fact it may be worth it to ask the snuggy company to donate a snuggy for each person at school.
Remember that you can join at any point, just begin listing things that you are thankful for. 
This week I am thankful for:
#51 I am thankful for friends from CCCB, this past weekend we were able to Skype with Doug and Mary, our dear friends from school. It was great to catch up on what they have been up to, but more than that. They were such a HUGE encouragement to us. I don't think people understand how much a phone call, letter, or comment means to us. Thank you guys!!

#52 I am thankful for each of my students here at CHS. On the first day of school we were overwhelmed with hugs and declarations of love. It was very obvious that they love us, and missed us a whole bunch. It is very humbling that think that we get to be here for them, and that they are really touched by the things that are done for them at school.

#53 My winter coat. My awesome mother in law bought me a thick long winter coat when we were in Colorado, it has saved my life this week.

#54 Sunshine. When I was a kid I used to sit in our door way in the afternoon, the sun used to filter in warming the kitchen. I have found that our doorway here does the same thing in the morning, you can find me sitting there!

#55 Soup season! Enough said.

I want to leave you with a verse from my devotional this morning. It comes from Psalm 121: 1-2.
"I lift my eyes up to the heavens, where does my help come from?
My Help comes from the Lord. Makes of heaven and earth."

1 comment:

Mary Emberton said...

We LOVED hearing how things were going there with you too! I pray that God continues to bless your ministry there and sustains you!