4.11.2011

So many gifts.

Last week was a whirlwind week. After Maria passed away we were afraid that she may have menigcoccal meningitis, which is extremely contagious. The doctors were unable to tell us exactly what bug had killed her so it was a nerve wracking time. We were watching the kids like hawks, and all of a sudden all sorts of weird things started to happen. Kids were fainting and having nose bleeds that wouldn't stop, kids were vomiting and complaining of blinding headaches. Needless to say several hours were spent with kids at the emergency room. Fortunately they were all caused bu lesser infections! I was sent home twice and then told to stay home until we knew what was going on. (I am allergic to almost all antibiotics, there would be no treatment for me if I were to get meningitis.)
I stayed home most of the week, I was able to get caught up on some grading and spring cleaning that needed to be done. Today it does seem like the students are healthier! So hopefully I won't get sent home today :)

Remember that you can join in on the "one thousand gifts" Monday at any point. It has been a great time to reflect on the past week and see the things that God has given!

#46 The art supplies brought by the teams that have visited in the last month. Since teaching the art class I have had to use all the creativity I can muster to come up with art projects using the art supplies that are here. There have been two teams in the last month, and both have showed up here with loads of crayons, paper, beads, paint, colored pencils, and a bunch of other stuff. I love the smell of new stationary!

#47 Love and support from friends and family. My uncle passed away this week. I have not had much contact with my family since hearing about his passing, but there has been much encouragement and love from people all over the world. Thank you dearly for covering us in prayer and keeping us in your thoughts in these past few weeks.

#48 The weather is beginning to cool down, don't tell anyone, but I love the winter here! I am quite excited about working out in the cooler weather. To update on my journey to a healthier self I have lost 17.5 pounds as of this morning! David ordered some running shoes from America, Mark is bringing them on Saturday and when we get paid this month we will be getting a gym membership!

#49 This morning David and I read 1Corinthians 15. I encourage you to go and read it if you feel like you are facing a giant. In this passage Paul encourages the church in Corinth to do their work for the Lord with all of their hearts.
Paul writes in verse 58 : "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 
I cannot express how encouraging this verse is. The rest of the chapter talks about death not having a sting, and the resurrection that we have to look forward to. So remember today to give yourself fully to the work that God has given you, IT IS NOT IN VAIN!

Much love!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to hear that the kids are all on the mend! Answered Prayers!

Mary Emberton said...

Glad to hear everyone is getting well again :)

Jonnie Fry said...

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing so much better these days!
Side note, it is crazy that you are allergic to so many medicines!